Visualization dashboard COVID-19 with Google DataStudio [Apprenticeship project]
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment.
In this work, i try to learn to visualize a spreading virus that has spread the country’s 34 provinces with Google data studio. The dataset I use in this assignment is Indonesia Covid — 19 from 9 jan 2020 until 22 may 2021. Source Data: https://www.kaggle.com/hendratno/covid19-indonesia.
Step by step :
- Upload the dataset. Previously an alert message will appear and select ADD TO REPORT.
- Next, replace the location column with province in the dimensions, and change the metric to New Cases.
- A filter will be created to exclude a variable. In this case, the variable “Province” is taken which contains the value for Indonesia.
- After that, convert the data in the form of a table into a field map diagram, and adjust the style or color.
- Previously there would be an error in the provincial location column, so i edited the dataset province into a geographic data type with a choice of country administrative division (level 1).
- Re-add a time series diagram as shown in the following image, select and drop it on the report sheet, and adjust the size.
- Change the matrix to new cases and add location filter that i already did.
- After the data matches, i can change the title of New Cases to Daily New Cases or New Case Daily.
- Next, create another time series diagram with the same data but the metrics are different. So, i can copy and paste the previous diagram and replace the metric with New Deaths and can also change the title become the Daily New Deaths.
- Next, add another chart in the form of a Total scorecard.
- Adjust the location of the score, and change the metric to New Cases, then get i also change the title to Total Confirmed Cases or Total Confirmed Cases.
- Then i make another score for the New Deaths metric, by copying and pasting it again New Cases scorecard, and changed the metric to New Deaths, and renamed to be Total Deaths.
- Then, add the bar chart again, with the New Cases metric as well as filters previously created, then change the name to Total Cases and adjust the color.
- To activate the feature so that each selected area can display the report, we can check Apply Filter on Interactions.
Following are the results after the filler interaction is applied :
 Dataset Covid-19. https://www.kaggle.com/hendratno/covid19-indonesia